1. What is your name? Greg Dinsmore
Martial status – Married
Age – 38
Spouses Name (if married) – Candace
Kids - Shelby, Logan, Cameron
2. What is your car #? 8g
3. What class do you race in? Imca Modified
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it? McGregor-kinda like McGivor
5. Who are your sponsors? Harris Auto Racing, DrinkAzul.com-Azul Margaritas, Big Worm Motorsports, Bob Harris-Racetechinfo.com, Sundowner RV
6. How long have you been racing? Since 2003, In dirt, started in a modified
7. Do you work on your own car? Yes, with my family, Wife Kids and Dad
8. How many feature races have you won?
9. How many championships have you won? 1, looking for more
10. Do you think you are a good driver? I hope I am looked at as respected and good
11. What make & model of car do you race? 2007 Harris Chassis, Over rail
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? Never and Don’t plan on it.
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? Nice question, No and I have now knocked on wood. Hope not for anyone
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car?
Yes, mostly from the seat belts on impact, Glad I have all my Safety equipment-it is not optional!
17. If so, how were you hurt? Another time the driveshaft ripped the shifter out of my hand, but I was ok. Minor.
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? I like to be able to run any groove, you want to go where no one else can.
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Slick but racing-not one lane
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? Depends on track,
21. Do you want to move up in racing? I like to help others with their cars, but No I don’t think it can get better than this.
22. If yes, what is your goal? To do well, and be respected and help other drivers go fast.
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - Mods
2nd favorite class to watch - Sprints
3rd favorite class to watch - go karts
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? First win, it was on Father’s day and all my kids were there cheering for me.
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Wouldn't say there is a worst, its for fun but sometimes there is bad luck.
26. What was your funniest moment? Racing the last points night, securing championship in Henry Witt's car and literally racing to my own wedding, who knew last day of season would be on wedding day. People thought i was crazy....she didn't though.
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you?
If you are going to race, do your homework, ask questions and get all required safety equipment and then some. Your life is worth the extra money.
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing?
The same as above but remember its not all about the winner, its about the show and the fans you are out there for, and the friends you make. Race clean, finish it to win it.
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it?
I want to race so I don’t think I would want to run one. Easier to be the show and not have to run the show.
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why?
I look up to John Logue, George White, and many others.
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? If so, what are they.
Chicken, no one in my team or with me can eat chicken on race day.
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse?
We do it together so its close to equal- our first date was at the races…she knew what she was in for and she loves every minute of it.