1. What is your name? Curt Clegg
Martial status – Married
Age – 36
Spouses Name (if married) – Kristina
Kids - One on the way due in November
2. What is your car #? 35
3. What class do you race in? IMCA Modified
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it? Scrappy – given to my by Randy Yount after a tough night of teching another class.
5. Who are your sponsors? My wife, Kristina; Swenson Racing Products; Swenson Racing Shocks
6. How long have you been racing? 10 years
7. Do you work on your own car? All the time….
8. How many feature races have you won? 7
9. How many championships have you won? ONE!!!!
10. Do you think you are a good driver? I try to be a smooth driver.
11. What make & model of car do you race? ’01 GRT
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? No…
13. If so, who & why? N/A
14. Looking back, would you do it again? N/A
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? No
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? Thank God, no!
17. If so, how were you hurt? N/A
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Whichever is fastest!!!
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Dry slick, of course!!
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? No preference
21. Do you want to move up in racing? I’m happy where I’m at!!
22. If yes, what is your goal? N/A
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - Sport Mod
2nd favorite class to watch - Pure Stock
3rd favorite class to watch - Enduros
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? Winning a Championship
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Totaling my car a few years ago
26. What was your funniest moment? Getting to the track and having to call my mom to bring me my steering wheel!
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? From Danny Lasoski, “Keep your head on straight, don’t get a big head, and gas her”.
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? Learn all you can.
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? ¼ mile dirt track ANYWHERE!!
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why? Mark Martin He’s short, and he gets the job done without tearing up a lot of stuff.
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? Never eat fried chicken on race day!
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? I would say spouse, but she would say “The Mistress!” (Her name for the car)