1. What is your name? Darin Leonard
Martial status – Married
Age – 40
Spouses Name (if married) – Brandy
Kids - Courtney, Cody & Caitlin
2. What is your car #?26
3. What class do you race in?Modified
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it?
5. Who are your sponsors? My wife Brandy, The Dodge Garage
6. How long have you been racing? 3+ years in Modified, 4+ years in Purestock & street Stock
7. Do you work on your own car? Yes
8. How many feature races have you won? 15+ in my Purestock, Still working on one in my Modified
9. How many championships have you won? 1 in my Purestock
10. Do you think you are a good driver? Yea, pretty good
11. What make & model of car do you race? Larson Racing Chassis
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? NO
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? Yes
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? No
17. If so, how were you hurt?
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Which ever groove is the fastest!
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Dry slick
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? Loose side
21. Do you want to move up in racing?
22. If yes, what is your goal?
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - Modified
2nd favorite class to watch – sprint cars ( when they come down)
3rd favorite class to watch –Sport Mods
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? Winning my first Championship and Racing my Modified at Texas Motor Speedway, And Qualifying for my first big Modified show at Kenedale Speedway last season!
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Getting my Purestock car totaled at the Turkey Shootout at I-37, that was a Fast Car, (won the championship w/ that car)
26. What was your funniest moment?
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you?
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing?
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it?
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why?
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition?
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? Both, We do all are racing together, My wife and kids are my pit crew, it’s a family thing!