1. What is your name? Howie Marcx
Martial status – Married
Age – 41
Spouses Name (if married) – Kim
Kids - Janalyn 16, Jordyn 12, Hailie 10, Kendall 7, Kalyn 5
2. What is your car #? 13
3. What class do you race in? Super Stock
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it?
Howie, from a friend in high school
5. Who are your sponsors?
Paradise Paint, Howie’s Lawn & Landscaping, D & S Garage, Denny Anderson Racing Engines, Geromiller Racing Chassis, Texas Premium Water, Shephard’s Machine Shop & Kelly Racing
6. How long have you been racing? 10 years
7. Do you work on your own car? Yes
8. How many feature races have you won? 26
9. How many championships have you won? 3
10. Do you think you are a good driver? Yes
11. What make & model of car do you race? 1979 Camaro
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? No
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? No
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? Yes
17. If so, how were you hurt? Whiplash
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Top
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Tacky Track
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? Loose
21. Do you want to move up in racing? No
22. If yes, what is your goal?
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - Modifieds
2nd favorite class to watch – Super Stocks
3rd favorite class to watch - Sport Modifieds
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career?
Winning five consecutive features in 2003.
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career?
Being hit head on in turns 3 & 4 at I-37 Raceway
26. What was your funniest moment?
When leading a feature race, I lost the RF tire and still finished 2nd on 3 tires
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you?
Watch further ahead then the car in front of you
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing?
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it?
Never given it any thought
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why?
Tony Stewart – He gives it his all & lets you know how he feels like it or not.
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? If so, what are they?
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse?
The early racing years was the race car, now the shop is at home and the time is more equal.