1. What is your name? Patrick Kelly
Martial status – married
Age – 46
Spouses Name (if married) – Michelle
Kids - Rusty & Salina
2. What is your car #? 84
3. What class do you race in? IMCA modified & SuperStock/Limited Late model
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it? Pachea it is an old German name my Uncle Sonny called me, it means Patting in the Dirt
5. Who are your sponsors? Northside Ford, Gale Rose & BG Lubericates
6. How long have you been racing?16 yrs
7. Do you work on your own car?
8. How many feature races have you won? 26
9. How many championships have you won? 3
10. Do you think you are a good driver? yes
11. What make & model of car do you race? 2002 Harris modified & 992 Crown Vic/Kelly built Super Stock
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? NO
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? Only on it side
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? Yes
17. If so, how were you hurt? I broke my thumb
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)?All
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Like all but a tacky track is best because you can run flat foot all the way around
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? A little loose
21. Do you want to move up in racing? yes
22. If yes, what is your goal? USMTS
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - modified
2nd favorite class to watch – limited late model
3rd favorite class to watch – all Quarter midgets
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? Winning the night after my wife’s mom passed away by passing 2 cars on the last lap.
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Going off the track upside down at TDS
26. What was your funniest moment? At TDS we had a 66 Ford and the rules were a 110” wheelbase. TDS had a templet made to measure and it would not open enough for our car that was 119 ½”
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? My first night my dad said “Just go and have FUN”
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? Run one line and not all over the track
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? In the New Braunfels area. I would build 2 - 3/8 mile one Dirt 7 one Asphalt
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why? My Uncle John Kelly & Bill Elliott Both were clean drivers.
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? No superstitions but I do have 1 habit I always say a prayer to Jesus
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? With my wife of course!!! Without my wife I would not be racing, she is the one that gets me going to finish the cars and puts up with me working in the shop half the night.