1. What is your name? Steve Whiteaker Jr.
Martial status – polygamist…j/k
Age – 20
Spouses Name (if married) – to many to name
2. What is your car #? 89
3. What class do you race in? Modified
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it?
5. Who are your sponsors? Texas Services Industries, Access Chevrolet, Young’s Auto Repair, T-Roberts Optical, WW Bodies, Showtime Sign, Swenson Racing Parts.
6. How long have you been racing? I started in the pure stock class when I was 13 so I guess that would be 7 years
7. Do you work on your own car? That is all I do is work on it everyday after work, I might get a break on Sunday… if I’m lucky
8. How many feature races have you won? Somewhere between 75 and 80
9. How many championships have you won? One hobby stock and two modified championship
10. Do you think you are a good driver? I like to consider myself one but I still have a lot to learn.
11. What make & model of car do you race? 2008 Hughes Chassis
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? Maybe once or twice
13. If so, who & why? They probably had it coming
14. Looking back, would you do it again? yep
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? nope
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? Nope I’ve been lucky
17. If so, how were you hurt? I said no
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Where ever they aren’t
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? I like dry slick but a heavy track is fun sometimes
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? tight
21. Do you want to move up in racing? It would be nice
22. If yes, what is your goal? My goal would be to race a dirt late model
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - sport mod
2nd favorite class to watch - super
3rd favorite class to watch - pure
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? The first time me and my dad won on the first night I won the pures and he won the mods
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Every time I don’t finish
26. What was your funniest moment?
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? SLOW IS FAST
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? To just try to finish and listen to people that try to give you advise
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? To many ideas to name
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why? Ken Schrader because if it has wheels he is going to race it.!
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? If so, what are they. Not really
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? Thats a dumb question!!!