1. What is your name? Donald Lewis
Martial status – Married
Age – 62
Spouses Name (if married) – Elaine DiRico
Kids – Stepson, Tony, Daughter Rose
2. What is your car #? 51
3. What class do you race in? Street Stock, I-Stock at Texas Thunder in Killeen
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it?
5. Who are your sponsors? Don’s Automotive, the Mares Family
6. How long have you been racing? 12 years as a driver, 16, 17 including as a sponsor.
7. Do you work on your own car? Yes
8. How many feature races have you won? 20(??)
9. How many championships have you won? None
10. Do you think you are a good driver? Fair , there are much better drivers out there.
11. What make & model of car do you race? 84 Monte Carlo, 81 Gran Prix
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? No
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? Yes
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? Yes
17. If so, how were you hurt? Back ache from rollover
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Bottom
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Dry
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? Just right!
21. Do you want to move up in racing? Getting old, would rather move down!
22. If yes, what is your goal? To move down to a beginner class!
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - Street
2nd favorite class to watch -Mod
3rd favorite class to watch – Pure
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? First feature win
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Car wrecked 1st lap green flag
26. What was your funniest moment? Jon rolled one of my cars at I37 and nobody even noticed because somebody else wrecked at the same time! He landed upright and, after a while, drove off.
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? Look ahead at where you want to go, not at the cars next to you.
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? Give the other racer the benefit of the doubt and you get the same Karma back. Fights are stupid!
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? Near Austin, ¼ mile dirt.
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why? None!
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? No.
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? Too close to call!