1. What is your name? Mark McGahey
Martial status – Married
Age – 38
Spouses Name (if married) – Dianne
Kids - Patrick, Corinne, Mark Jr., Brian and Donovan
2. What is your car #? #751 soon to be the #88
3. What class do you race in? IMCA Southern Sport Mods
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it? Too many nicknames to list.
5. Who are your sponsors? Douglas Glass, The Struthoff Co., Inc., Ventilation Systems, JE Travis Painting, D&R Contracting, Ben Reyna Contracting
6. How long have you been racing? 4 Years Late Models (Asphalt) and 1 Race in Sport Mods.
7. Do you work on your own car? Yes
8. How many feature races have you won? None here
9. How many championships have you won? None here
10. Do you think you are a good driver? Yep
11. What make & model of car do you race? Smiley’s Chassis w/Chevrolet Engine
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? Not yet, but it’s coming
13. If so, who & why? Because a certain car spun me pretty bad in my first race
14. Looking back, would you do it again? When I do it, I’ll look back and tell you later
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? Yes, and it's an uncomfortable experience
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? Bruised Ribs. Thank the Lord for safety equipment.
17. If so, how were you hurt? Not applicable
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? I like the bottom to middle
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Only been on the slick, but I did well on it.
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? I like it a little snug
21. Do you want to move up in racing? Possibly
22. If yes, what is your goal? 2009 Daytona 500 would be cool
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch – Sport Mods
2nd favorite class to watch – Modifieds
3rd favorite class to watch - Super Stocks
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? Getting 8th in my first ever race.
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Finding out my engine was messed up after I finished 8th.
26. What was your funniest moment? My first time to practice on dirt ended up being practice on my victory donuts……(lots of spinning)
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? Hammer down!
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? Just get out there and do it.
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? I would build a ¾ mile high banked tri-oval similar to Richmond International Speedway and build it in the hill country somewhere near San Antonio.
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why? The Herminator! Because I’m always joking around. But I do drink a lot of AMP too.
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? If so, what are they. Nahh…don’t believe in it.
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? Does it count if your asleep?