1. What is your name? RANDY YOUNT
Martial status – MARRIED
Age – 50
Spouses Name (if married) – HELEN
Kids - 2 GRANDCHILDREN - 1 AND 1 ON THE WAY
2. What is your car #? 66
3. What class do you race in? IMCA MODIFIED
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it? YOUNT TOO! A GUY I USED TO HUNT WITH STARTED THAT, THANKS TO JEFF FOXWORTHY.
5. Who are your sponsors? H&R RACING, I FEEL LIKE 8G RACING FAMILY SPONSORS ME BECAUSE OF ALL THE HELP THEY HAVE GIVEN ME THIS SEASON.
6. How long have you been racing? 17 YEARS
7. Do you work on your own car? MOSTLY, I APPRECIATE ANY HELP I GET.
8. How many feature races have you won? 7
9. How many championships have you won? 3
10. Do you think you are a good driver? I LIKE TO THINK I'AM PRETTY GOOD.
11. What make & model of car do you race? 04 QWIK CHASSIS WITH A SWENSON BODY.
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? NEVER, NOT THAT THE THOUGHT DIND'T CROSS MY MIND.
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? YES
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? YES
17. If so, how were you hurt? BROKE THE TIP OF MY SHOULDER BLADE AT SAS. THIS IS WHEN I LEARNED HOW IMPORTANT A GOOD SEAT IS.
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? THE FAST ONE.
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? I LIKE THEM BOTH WHEN CAR IS RIGHT.
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? PROBABLY ON THE LOOSE SIDE.
21. Do you want to move up in racing? NO
22. If yes, what is your goal? ALWAYS WANTED TO DRIVE A SPRINT CAR. TOO EXPENSIVE.
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - NON WINGED SPRINTS
2nd favorite class to watch - WINGED SPRINTS
3rd favorite class to watch - MODIFIEDS
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? WHEN I WON A FEATURE WITH A LARGE PORTION OF MY FAMILY THERE.
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? IT WOULD HAVE TO BE FATHERS DAY WEEKEND O5 AT I-37 WHEN I FLIPPED SEVERAL TIMES DOWN THE FT STRAIGHT LANDING ON TWO DIFFERENT CARS. TOTALED MY CAR.
26. What was your funniest moment? I HAVE 2 FIRST WHEN MY STEERING WHEEL CAME OFF, AT I-37. SECOND WHEN I WAS TAKING MY FRESHLY PAINTED ROLLING CHASSIS TO SWENSONS AND I LOST IT OFF MY TRAILER. DID NOT REALIZE IT UNTIL I GOT TO SWENSONS SHOP. I HAD KNOW IDEA WHERE IT HAD COME OFF!
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? THAT SOMETIMES SLOWER IS FASTER.
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? PROBABLY THE SAME I GOT.
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? NEAR THE BOERNE / COMFORT AREA. 1/4 TO 3/8 HIGH BANKED DIRT.
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why? HARD TO SAY.
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? If so, what are they? NO, NOT REALLY.
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THIS. I PLEAD THE 5TH.