1. What is your name? Chico Cox
Martial status – Married
Age – 47
Spouses Name (if married) – Pat
Kids - Erika, Ethan, Eric, Elizabeth
2. What is your car #? 21
3. What class do you race in? Super Stock
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it?
5. Who are your sponsors? Douglas Glass, DMC Motorsports
6. How long have you been racing? 3 yrs.
7. Do you work on your own car? Yes, as well as others.
8. How many feature races have you won? 0
9. How many championships have you won? 0
10. Do you think you are a good driver? Yes
11. What make & model of car do you race? 82 Regal
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? No
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? No
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? No
17. If so, how were you hurt?
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Where ever the car wants to stick…..but I do have a soft spot for the hi – line out of 4 up against the wall…..wow
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Tacky
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? Tight
21. Do you want to move up in racing? Yes
22. If yes, what is your goal? Move to Sports Mod.
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch – Modified
2nd favorite class to watch – Sports Mod
3rd favorite class to watch – Super Stock
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? The first time I heard my car fired up.
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? The T-Bone during hot laps right after I put a for sale sign on my car. Yuk. My first official crash. Come on Dave gimme a break.
26. What was your funniest moment?
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? Nov. 11, 2006, Stock Car Championship at South Texas Speedway. The advice – “ These guys are driving super aggressive so just stay out of trouble and we’ll finish in the money!” I got 4th place just cuz I stayed out of trouble. Unfortunately my advisor got into trouble about lap 8 and didn’t finish.
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? Get comfortable, find your line and drive it like you stole it!
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? What?!? Again!?!
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why?
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? No superstitions just a little chat with the man upstairs.
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? Why my spouse of course!