1. What is your name? MIKE FINKEL
Martial status – MARRIED
Age – 40
Spouses Name (if married) – HEATHER
Kids - JOEY (5); EVAN (7); NOAH (9) (aka J.E.N. "X" Racing)
2. What is your car #? 11F
3. What class do you race in? IMCA Southern Sportmod
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it? "Snake"
5. Who are your sponsors? THE LAW OFFICE OF MIKE FINKEL
6. How long have you been racing? About three years
7. Do you work on your own car? I try to, but I usually turn to Dennis Hilla for help. (Thanks Dennis!)
8. How many feature races have you won? 3
9. How many championships have you won? 1 (2006 I-37 Track Champion)
10. Do you think you are a good driver? Don't we all?!
11. What make & model of car do you race? '04 Rebel Chassis (limited modified)
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? Never
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? Thankfully, no.
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? Thankfully, no.
17. If so, how were you hurt?
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Bottom / Middle
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Tacky (not muddy)
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? Loose
21. Do you want to move up in racing? Yes
22. If yes, what is your goal? I've always wanted to race asphalt trucks
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - modifieds
2nd favorite class to watch - sportmods
3rd favorite class to watch - pure stocks
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career?
Attending the IMCA awards banquet when I was track champion. A close second was my very first race in the pure stocks...when the Mares family let me know my car was "too pretty" and proceeded to do something about it!
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career?
Numerous engine failures
(Clay's Machine Shop was my "sponsor" at the time)
26. What was your funniest moment? ???
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you?
"Hold your line"
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing?
"Hold your line"
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it?
From what I've seen, I wouldn't build one. Too much stress. I-37 owners, promoters and staff should be commended for their efforts!
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why?
I wish I could compare myself to a professional driver!
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? No
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse?
Fortunately I have alot of support from Heather and I appreciate her understanding of the time (and money) spent on the race car!