1. What is your name? Trey Votion
Martial status – single
Spouses Name (if married) –
Kids - Kayci, Shay, Taylor
2. What is your car #? 99
3. What class do you race in? Super Stock, possibly sport mod in near future
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it? Locovotion,,,worked at a beer company long time ago and a few guys called me that
5. Who are your sponsors? NORTHSIDE FORD, PAT KELLY AUTOMOTIVE, KELLY CUSTOM GRAPHICS
6. How long have you been racing? This is my 4th year
7. Do you work on your own car? Yes, but with a lot of help from my brother Patrick Kelly
8. How many feature races have you won? 3
9. How many championships have you won? Haven’t, 2nd place in points last year
10. Do you think you are a good driver? Yes, but know I can be better and still learning
11. What make & model of car do you race? Frame is a ‘68 ford galaxy , but rest is tubing and cage
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone?No, Hit a guy on purpose once, but didn’t wreck him
13. If so, who & why? He moved me when I was contending for lead
14. Looking back, would you do it again? yes
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? almost, if Wallace wasn’t behind me to knock me back down I would have
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? No more than bruises
17. If so, how were you hurt? Sore from seatbelts
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Middle mostly, but wherever I get the most grip
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Dry slick
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? Favor a slightly tight set up
21. Do you want to move up in racing? Would love to if I had the money/sponsorship. But also love my class.
22. If yes, what is your goal? My goals don’t change. To win if I can, to run a clean race and to be competitive no matter what I am doing.
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch –full late model dirt
2nd favorite class to watch – supers
3rd favorite class to watch – Sport mods
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? Running 1st and 2nd with my brother in my first feature win. (also anytime my brother and I finished 1-2)
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Damn near totaling my car from last wreck when right rear axle broke
26. What was your funniest moment? Watching my brother run a heat race with his hood flown up where he couldn’t see but around to the side and he still won the race,,,, was awesome
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? Have gotten a lot, but most important would be to stay outta the way when your off pace and run people clean when you’re not.
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? Don’t over drive the car. Run your line !Takes awhile to figure those out. And to not feel bad if you spin, cause if you never spin it out , you ain’t trying.
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? New Braunfels area, dirt, ¼ to 3/8ths mile, medium to high banked.
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why? I don’t.
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? Not really, but I do pray every time before a race when I am in the car lined up waiting to go on track. Pray for a safe race for everyone and not to tear up my car.
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? When we were still together I spent more time with the family overall than the car, but they also came to the races too, sooo, depends how you look at it I guess.