1. What is your name? Gary Hunter
Martial status – Married
Age – Old
Spouses Name (if married) – Cindy
Kids – Cassie & Gary Jr
2. What is your car #? 14
3. What class do you race in? Super Stock
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it? Taz---from the fire department that I worked in
5. Who are your sponsors? Texas Concrete—Max Alan Homes—SA Light & Power, Quality Ambulance, Ross Electric, Climate Control, Palermo Homes
6. How long have you been racing? 6 years
7. Do you work on your own car? Yes
8. How many feature races have you won? Several
9. How many championships have you won? 4
10. Do you think you are a good driver? Average
11. What make & model of car do you race? Chevy Monte Carlo
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? No
13. If so, who & why?
14. Looking back, would you do it again?
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? No
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? No
17. If so, how were you hurt?
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? Middle
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? Tacky & Smooth
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? In between
21. Do you want to move up in racing? No—probably move down to a cheaper to run class)
22. If yes, what is your goal?
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch -Super
2nd favorite class to watch - Mod
3rd favorite class to watch - Pure
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career? Enjoying the friendship with the other drivers
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career? Haven’t had one yet
26. What was your funniest moment? Watching how family members and pit crews act when their driver doesn’t win
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you? You can’t win races with your foot on the brakes
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing? Don’t over drive your car
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it? IH 10 East, around Sequin –I would have 2 tracks within each other (dirt track on the inside approx 5/16 and a asphalt track approx ¾ to 1 mile on the outside)
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why? Jeff Burton—he usually drives on the conservative & cautious side but always manages to be somewhere in the front when its all over
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? No
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? Hopefully the spouse