1. What is your name? Mikey Faulkner
Martial status – engaged
Age – 35
Spouses Name (if married) – Tracy
Kids - 1 Cameron
2. What is your car #?2
3. What class do you race in? purestock
4. Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it?
hippy. cause of my hair and lifestyle i guess. i also sing in a rock band so i dont exactly fit the stock car driver profile.
5. Who are your sponsors? napa auto parts
6. How long have you been racing? physically about 4 years. mentally 30 plus
7. Do you work on your own car? of course.
8. How many feature races have you won? none
9. How many championships have you won? none
10. Do you think you are a good driver? yes. and clean.
11. What make & model of car do you race? 85 cutlass
12. Have you purposely wrecked someone? never.
13. If so, who & why? n/a
14. Looking back, would you do it again? n/a
15. Have you ever rolled your race car? no
16. Have you ever been hurt in a race car? hit my head reaching for my beer while working on it . lol
17. If so, how were you hurt? n/a
18. What groove do you prefer to run (top, middle, bottom)? depends on the track. usually middle
19. Do you like a tacky track or dry slick track? tacky
20. Do you like your car on the loose or tight side? tight
21. Do you want to move up in racing? eventually.
22. If yes, what is your goal? my goals are set one step at a time. for now i would just like to win a race.
23. What is your favorite class to watch (pure, street, super, sport mod, mod, dwarfs, or other)?
1st favorite class to watch - pure
2nd favorite class to watch - street
3rd favorite class to watch - super
24. What is your #1 favorite moment from your racing career?
leading two laps with my hood up.
25. What is your worst moment from your racing career?
any time i've come off the tack without finishing. i hate not finishing.
26. What was your funniest moment?
when my mentor totalled his car trying to catch me on a play day. should have seen my grin.
27. In your racing career, what was the best advice anyone has ever given you?
28. What advice would you give someone just starting out in racing?
be thankful that you have a chance to race. enjoy every minute of it. its supposed to be fun. keep it that way and you’ll never burn yourself out.
29. If you had the opportunity to build a race track, where would you build it, what kind of track and what size would you make it?
half mile dirt around Bandera TX.
30. What professional driver do you see yourself as & why?
Kasey Kahne cause he’s good, humble, never seems to catch a brake, and the chicks love him. lol.
31. Do you have any pre-race superstition? If so, what are they?
before every race i hold my cross that dangles from my cage and i say a long prayer thanking god for this opportunity.
32. Do you spend more time with your race car, or your spouse? defiantly the spouse.